Everything from electric can openers to your latest gaming rig

Shanks's New Build

PostShanks's New Build by Shanks

right as some of you might know Tuesday my pc finally blew up, 99% its my motherboard and CPU as these only things not been replaced in donkeys.

any suggestions to what CPU and motherboard i should get would be muchly helpful as i dont have the foggyest.

(if u could suggest ones that will run bf3 would be helpful )

as im off the a computer fare Saturday so if i have a rough idea what to get i wont do my usual and buy the first thing and get out of there :P
Shanks

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
User Details: Show details
National Flag:
Pirate Island
» Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:38 pm «Top

PostRe: need help by RubberJonny

If you haven't updated your MB in a while you may also have to get DDR3 RAM
I'll assume you're on a budget but want something that'll last i recommend:
Motherboard - Asus P8Z68-V LX - £80
CPU - Intel i5 2500K 3.3GHz - £170

If you are really counting your pennies go with AMD as a short term solution:
MB - Asus M5A97 PRO 970 - £80
CPU - AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4GHz* - £110

And RAM if you need it:
Corsair 4GB DDR3 1600MHz - £25

*AMD maybe a joke at the moment but this is a nice CPU that i can personally recommend (if a good intel CPU is out of your price range).

Peace Out!
Jonny!

EDIT: I gave round about prices seeing as you said you'd be shopping around rather than buying online. Good luck. I hope you get some good deals =)
Last edited by RubberJonny on Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Man Will Never Be Free Until The Last King Is Strangled With The Entrails Of The Last Priest
RubberJonny

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
National Flag:
Great Britain
» Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:24 pm «Top

PostRe: need help by Shanks

thanks jonny yeah i was looking at the intels anyways
Shanks

National Flag:
Pirate Island
» Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:25 pm «Top

Shanks wrote:thanks jonny yeah i was looking at the intels anyways

Fair play. Personally i wouldn't go with any less than the i5 2500K. It's a solid buy that will last you a good while =)
Man Will Never Be Free Until The Last King Is Strangled With The Entrails Of The Last Priest
RubberJonny

National Flag:
Great Britain
» Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:32 pm «Top

PostRe: need help by Jasperman

Sounds like a pretty solid build from RJ (Always dependable to know whats what in the market :D )

On a side note... whys this topic locked?
Signed
Jasperman

TBC Facebook Page
TBC Steam Group
Join DropBox

Raging Goblin wrote:He raged at the world,
at his family,
at his life.
But mostly he just raged
Jasperman
Founder

National Flag:
Ireland
» Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:11 pm «Top

hey guys i have tryed myself to put in new hardware and failed misserable just red light qwith beeping noise nothing else followed instructions to the letter.

so i have a massive favour to ask grav and jonny if i bring it up to the chefs the 3rd can u guys look at it and try and get the thing going for me ???
Shanks

National Flag:
Pirate Island
» Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:27 pm «Top

No doubt, brah =)
RubberJonny

National Flag:
Great Britain
» Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:16 pm «Top

right i will await my mem tomoz put that in and try again then if that fails you guys can have a looksy at it and my bodge it and dodge it it skills :P

(but this issue is most likely dont to my simple mind and idioticness in this case ^_^ )
Shanks

National Flag:
Pirate Island
» Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:18 pm «Top

PostRe: need help by Jasperman

I think it was the whole "You locked the thread so you dont need help" karma deal xD
Signed
Jasperman

TBC Facebook Page
TBC Steam Group
Join DropBox

Raging Goblin wrote:He raged at the world,
at his family,
at his life.
But mostly he just raged
Jasperman
Founder

National Flag:
Ireland
» Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:44 pm «Top

PostRe: need help by st3fan

Jasperman wrote:I think it was the whole "You locked the thread so you dont need help" karma deal xD

Jasp wins!!
st3fan

National Flag:
Great Britain
» Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:06 pm «Top