Everything from electric can openers to your latest gaming rig

Playing PC Games On TV

PostPlaying PC Games On TV by Runner

Just a question I have lads and ladies, I find myself buuing a lot of indie games and 4 player games like risk that I would like to play with friends and housemates in my front room on my TV. I occassionally unplug my rig and lump it down the stairs but recently thought of if there was a cost effective solution to getting my visuals/sound/usb to my front room either wirelessly or using the electrical cables in the house.

Any Ideas or solutions? I recon bar running powered hdmi over cat6 theres no chance and I can't be fucked with that in a rented property.
Signed Runner

RampantBadger wrote:bono is on full turbo fisting mode right now. Have had to sack off work and am lying in bed watching police squad 5 minutes at a time, then having to take a 10 minute break before I gavomit.
Runner
Founder

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
User Details: Show details
National Flag:
Great Britain
» Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:02 pm «Top

PostRe: Playing PC Games On TV by Runner

Signed Runner

RampantBadger wrote:bono is on full turbo fisting mode right now. Have had to sack off work and am lying in bed watching police squad 5 minutes at a time, then having to take a 10 minute break before I gavomit.
Runner
Founder

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
National Flag:
Great Britain
» Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:28 pm «Top

PostRe: Playing PC Games On TV by RubberJonny

Good news: Wireless HDMI is a thing. Bad news: It's not particularly cheap. Cheapest i've seen is £90.

http://www.ebuyer.com/396934-gigabyte-s ... isionws100
http://www.ebuyer.com/291115-wireless-5 ... g-hd-av-ki
http://www.ebuyer.com/257588-xenta-wire ... ws-av511wh
http://www.ebuyer.com/280114-xenta-wire ... ws-av511sr

Also annoyingly difficult to find if you're not searching a specific model =(

Peace!
Man Will Never Be Free Until The Last King Is Strangled With The Entrails Of The Last Priest
RubberJonny

National Flag:
Great Britain
» Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:38 pm «Top

cheers man, optimally looking for a powerline solution (don't trust wireless) and if possible want to get usb down it too (although appreciate I could do that separately)

It's nothing essential I just don't want to build a separate pc or steam box just for the living room, I mean its a good excuse to buy hardware but I havent go money for that, couple hundred £ to get any pc I own to a tv in my house is my stretch :)
Signed Runner

Runner
Founder

National Flag:
Great Britain
» Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:00 pm «Top

PostRe: Playing PC Games On TV by RubberJonny

Runner wrote:cheers man, optimally looking for a powerline solution (don't trust wireless) and if possible want to get usb down it too (although appreciate I could do that separately)
Yeah. I can't think of an easy way of doing what you want. I was mostly just amazed that wireless HDMI is a thing =P

The OUYA might meet your needs when its game library grows a bit =)

Peace!
Man Will Never Be Free Until The Last King Is Strangled With The Entrails Of The Last Priest
RubberJonny

National Flag:
Great Britain
» Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:18 pm «Top

yer aggreed I'm pretty amazed its on wifi but I wouldn't trust it :P hehe its unlikely to do more than a steam box imo but never say never :P
Signed Runner

Runner
Founder

National Flag:
Great Britain
» Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:59 pm «Top