Everything from electric can openers to your latest gaming rig

SSD

PostSSD by Roosell

Looking to grab an SSD for my machine, probably a 120gb-ish.

Anyone got any recomendations on brand or even a specific drive? I've literally got sod-all idea apart from read/write speed what I should be looking for.

Got about £100.

HALP ME
RIP Cuervo
Roosell

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
User Details: Show details
National Flag:
Canada
» Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:32 pm «Top

PostRe: SSD by Shanks

http://www.ebuyer.com/408854-ocz-120gb- ... t3-120g-20

thats the one im looking to buy next month
Shanks

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
National Flag:
Pirate Island
» Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:31 pm «Top

PostRe: SSD by Chef

good, they've solved the firmware issue on the 2 version
Chef
Dungeon Master

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
National Flag:
Pirate Island
» Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:33 pm «Top

PostRe: SSD by StuntKid

Was going to post a topic too! Looking to get a 240/256GB SSD. Still a bit too expensive though :(

I have been told the Crucial M4 are good. And to avoid the V4?? :?
StuntKid

National Flag:
Pokemon Island
» Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:11 pm «Top

PostRe: SSD by RubberJonny

I've got the 120GB Corsair Force 3 and i'm happy with it. It has a slightly faster R/W speed than the OCZ Agility 3 but the OCZ is much cheaper (Ebuyer link posted by Shanks).

If you have Win7 and a few decent sized things you want to store on your SSD i'd advise getting a higher capacity than 120GB as i can't even tell you what's on mine and it's full (music, videos and games all stored on other drives).

Peace Out!
Jonny!
Man Will Never Be Free Until The Last King Is Strangled With The Entrails Of The Last Priest
RubberJonny

National Flag:
Great Britain
» Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:01 pm «Top

PostRe: SSD by Runner

I got this from amazon for like £75, does me really well, just look for the highest read/write speeds and the highest Max I/O Per Second (IOPS) you can afford
Signed Runner

RampantBadger wrote:bono is on full turbo fisting mode right now. Have had to sack off work and am lying in bed watching police squad 5 minutes at a time, then having to take a 10 minute break before I gavomit.
Runner
Founder

National Flag:
Great Britain
» Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:42 am «Top

PostRe: SSD by Roosell

RubberJonny wrote:I've got the 120GB Corsair Force 3 and i'm happy with it. It has a slightly faster R/W speed than the OCZ Agility 3 but the OCZ is much cheaper (Ebuyer link posted by Shanks).

If you have Win7 and a few decent sized things you want to store on your SSD i'd advise getting a higher capacity than 120GB as i can't even tell you what's on mine and it's full (music, videos and games all stored on other drives).

Peace Out!
Jonny!

On that note my folks are giving me some dosh for Christmas so if anyone knows of a good 250gb I'll consider those too.

Many thanks for help so far :dance:
RIP Cuervo
Roosell

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
National Flag:
Canada
» Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:21 pm «Top

PostRe: SSD by RubberJonny

Roosell wrote:On that note my folks are giving me some dosh for Christmas so if anyone knows of a good 250gb I'll consider those too.
For a little over £100 you can get a 240GB OCZ Agility 3. To be honest SSDs are so damn fast getting the lower end R/W speed drive doesn't make much difference. You'll still be amazed everytime your system fully boots up in under 60 seconds.

Peace!
Man Will Never Be Free Until The Last King Is Strangled With The Entrails Of The Last Priest
RubberJonny

National Flag:
Great Britain
» Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:35 pm «Top

PostRe: SSD by Roosell

Just got the 240 agility 3 off amazon, £115. Billy bargain!

Thanks for all the help.
RIP Cuervo
Roosell

National Flag:
Canada
» Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:13 pm «Top