Everything from electric can openers to your latest gaming rig

Steam Markets Productivity

PostSteam Markets Productivity by Runner

Dunno if any of you guys have been reading about this but valve are planning to start selling creativity and productivity applications through the steam store - direct reaction to windows 8 and Apple app stores.

Personally I'm quite excited to see what they come up with, as I'm sure it will add competition thus making the current systems rethink their pricing, but also because steam for me is the only digital ownership I enjoy using on my PC and I like the idea of picking up useful software in steam sales :)

Valve wrote:Steam Expands Beyond Games

Press Releases - Valve 18:50

Launch Set of "Software" Titles Coming Sept 5

Aug 8, 2012 -- Valve, creators of best-selling game franchises (such as Counter-Strike, Half-Life, Left 4 Dead, Portal, and Team Fortress) and leading technologies (such as Steam and Source), today announced the first set of Software titles are heading to Steam, marking a major expansion to the platform most commonly known as a leading destination for PC and Mac games.

The Software titles coming to Steam range from creativity to productivity. Many of the launch titles will take advantage of popular Steamworks features, such as easy installation, automatic updating, and the ability to save your work to your personal Steam Cloud space so your files may travel with you.

More Software titles will be added in an ongoing fashion following the September 5th launch, and developers will be welcome to submit Software titles via Steam Greenlight.

"The 40 million gamers frequenting Steam are interested in more than playing games," said Mark Richardson at Valve. "They have told us they would like to have more of their software on Steam, so this expansion is in response to those customer requests."

For more information, please visit http://www.steampowered.com.

Article Link
Signed Runner

RampantBadger wrote:bono is on full turbo fisting mode right now. Have had to sack off work and am lying in bed watching police squad 5 minutes at a time, then having to take a 10 minute break before I gavomit.
Runner
Founder

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
User Details: Show details
National Flag:
Great Britain
» Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:56 pm «Top