Everything from electric can openers to your latest gaming rig

Stunt's New Build

PostStunt's New Build by StuntKid

Yoyo all,

I'm not particularly techy and after looking around it gets too confusing with the amount of components and compatibility!!

Looking to upgrade mobo, cpu and ram. Budgeting around £300 - can be flexible but ideal to spend as little as possible and save money where I can. and something to last a long while like my current rig has managed to (with the odd upgrade here and there).

Wishing to build around my Corsair GS700w PSU and recently donated graphics Radeon 5870 (thanks Solarity!)

The computer will be used for gaming (of course) and hefty editing/rendering videos.

Seems like the cpu trend is going for intel i5/i7. quad-core/8core? 8/16gb ram?? mobo??? So, what are peoples recommendations??
StuntKid

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
User Details: Show details
National Flag:
Pokemon Island
» Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:30 pm «Top

PostRe: Stunt's New Build by RubberJonny

Prices vary all the time so it often depends on what you can get on the day you want to place your order.
As always i'm gonna recommend the i5 2500K and seeing as you do video editing i will say go with 8GB 1600MHz RAM.

If you can get it in time i'd go for this exdisplay Asus P8Z68-V/GEN3 motherboard. It's a decent board and it keeps you on budget.

Assuming you have everything else my full recommendation is:
Intel i5 2500K 3.3GHz
Corsair 8GB DDR3 1600MHz
Asus P8Z77-V Socket 1155 - I've fallen in love with this MB; it has an abundance of awesomeness for £130!

Currently it's a bit over your budget but if you are not in a hurry then you can wait for things to go on sale or just random price drops in general (a few months a go the i5 2500K was closer to £150 than £180).

Peace Out!
Jonny!
Man Will Never Be Free Until The Last King Is Strangled With The Entrails Of The Last Priest
RubberJonny

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
National Flag:
Great Britain
» Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:51 pm «Top

PostRe: Stunt's New Build by Solarity

Have a look here http://www.overclockers.co.uk/productli ... =priceDesc

Staff are realy helpful and their forums are filled with great advice...
Solarity

National Flag:
Czech Republic
» Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:25 pm «Top

PostRe: Stunt's New Build by st3fan

st3fan

National Flag:
Great Britain
» Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:29 pm «Top

PostRe: Stunt's New Build by StuntKid

Comp upgraded!

I bought:
CPU: i5-3570k 3.4GHz [£159.99]
RAM: Corsair Vengenace 16GB 1600MHz (2x8gb) [£64.74]
MOBO: MSI Z77A-G43 [£72.69]

Finally got everything working. Maybe look into an SSD when they get cheaper :dance:
Last edited by StuntKid on Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
StuntKid

National Flag:
Pokemon Island
» Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:52 am «Top

PostRe: Stunt's New Build by RubberJonny

Nice build. Have fun! =)
Man Will Never Be Free Until The Last King Is Strangled With The Entrails Of The Last Priest
RubberJonny

National Flag:
Great Britain
» Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:33 pm «Top

PostRe: Stunt's New Build by StuntKid

yay, got refunded the difference! :dance:
StuntKid

National Flag:
Pokemon Island
» Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:53 pm «Top