Latest information regarding the community

Banter Box 2.0

PostRe: Banter Box 2.0 by Runner

Tirielis wrote:i like the new one

things i would like to see from it ...

for the main chat box to use more screen space ... not sure it needs to be deeper but would like to see it significantly wider
not sure how much the personal messaging would replace our current personal messaging.

i do like how its collapsible and that we can use it not matter what page we are viewing.

Yer totally agree that it has to be wider and i think taller/deeper wouldn't help. I haven't played with the css on it at all but this should be easy.

The button to open the chat rooms could be improved in my opinion but otherwise you guys are happy that it would no longer be an embedded entity?

RJ the multiple rooms feature would be instead of the current banter box, I can't merge them, but I defiantly agree that its too bulky, another thing I would address in the css if the majority would like this new feature :)

Cheers for the feedback peoples - everyone else get involved :)
Signed Runner

RampantBadger wrote:bono is on full turbo fisting mode right now. Have had to sack off work and am lying in bed watching police squad 5 minutes at a time, then having to take a 10 minute break before I gavomit.
Runner
Founder

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
User Details: Show details
National Flag:
Great Britain
» Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:46 pm «Top

PostRe: Banter Box 2.0 by RubberJonny

Runner wrote:RJ the multiple rooms feature would be instead of the current banter box, I can't merge them, but I defiantly agree that its too bulky...
If the appearance can not be cleaned up i'd prefer to have our current Banter Box. Also no colour text and custom emoticons? ='(

I'm sure you could tab our current banter box; you're just not trying hard enough ;)

Peace!
Last edited by RubberJonny on Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Man Will Never Be Free Until The Last King Is Strangled With The Entrails Of The Last Priest
RubberJonny

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
National Flag:
Great Britain
» Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:52 pm «Top

PostRe: Banter Box 2.0 by Jasperman

please use the voting link above
Signed
Jasperman

TBC Facebook Page
TBC Steam Group
Join DropBox

Raging Goblin wrote:He raged at the world,
at his family,
at his life.
But mostly he just raged
Jasperman
Founder

National Flag:
Ireland
» Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:00 pm «Top

ooo I was just writing a "can't do the coloured names in codologic" post but is that a piece of code that code decorate users names based on forum groups?
Signed Runner

RampantBadger wrote:bono is on full turbo fisting mode right now. Have had to sack off work and am lying in bed watching police squad 5 minutes at a time, then having to take a 10 minute break before I gavomit.
Runner
Founder

National Flag:
Great Britain
» Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:06 pm «Top

Signed
Jasperman

TBC Facebook Page
TBC Steam Group
Join DropBox

at his family,
at his life.
But mostly he just raged
Jasperman
Founder

National Flag:
Ireland
» Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:27 pm «Top

PostRe: Banter Box 2.0 by Roosell

I like the idea of the new one, a few seperate chat rooms would be nice incase a few people want to talk about something spoilery or whatever.

How up to date do your browsers have to be for it to work? Gonna check crap machine at work tomorrow - although I suppose the mobile solution would work better if I'm at work.
RIP Cuervo
Roosell

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
National Flag:
Canada
» Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:08 pm «Top

PostRe: Banter Box 2.0 by AngryCrocodile

RubberJonny wrote:
Jasperman wrote:
Jasperman wrote:Whats Bad about our new one?
Looks like a seedy chat room for illicit behavior.

Yeah, the new chat room isn't going to change that tho...

Is it possible to have an embedded chat box as well as the slide out one?
AngryCrocodile

National Flag:
Great Britain
» Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:08 pm «Top

Well originally I said no, but its a maybe at this moment and in time
Signed
Jasperman

TBC Facebook Page
TBC Steam Group
Join DropBox

at his family,
at his life.
But mostly he just raged
Jasperman
Founder

National Flag:
Ireland
» Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:19 pm «Top

PostRe: Banter Box 2.0 by Trevor Hanley

For the record and just to show I did read it.

As long as it is functional and aesthetically pleasing (its like i'm a P.E teacher) I am not fussed, and therefore won't create you all more work.
I'm a poo

Trevor Hanley

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
National Flag:
United Arab Emirates
» Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:27 pm «Top

AngryCrocodile wrote:Yeah, the new chat room isn't going to change that tho...

Is it possible to have an embedded chat box as well as the slide out one?

To clarify again, the codologic can not currently be embedded (but that may change with updates) and the banter box can not co-exist with the codologic chat rooms; as it stands its chat rooms or banterbox:

You can have the codologic instant messaging and the banter box embedded in the forum home page,
or
You can have codologic instant messaging and the floating chat rooms across all pages
or
You can change nothing and have just the banter box on the forum home page
Signed Runner

Runner
Founder

National Flag:
Great Britain
» Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:11 am «Top