Latest information regarding the community

Banter Box 2.0

PostBanter Box 2.0 by Runner

Hi everyone, you may have heard whispers and talk from myself and the illusive Jasperman that there was a new build of the forum underway. The has become a long running joke in its time scale but it is, I am pleased to say, gathering pace and purpose in development.

There are a lot of new features that should that should enhance the TBC experience as well as stabilising what the site already offers. We are developing a joomla based website that will house our phpbb3 forum, meaning that the forum will exist as it has within a new website.

Now my understanding is that the banter box is the most used and most loved feature of this forum and thus I am very wary of changing it - don't fix what isn't broke right? But in the development of the new forum/website Jasperman has come across a chat feature that will work across every page of the new build and offers instant messaging between users as well as mobile browser compatibility, a kind of Banter Box 2.0.

This chat system is named codologic and its major change from the phbb mchat mod we currently use is that the main chat room can not currently be embedded to a page in the same way that the banter box operates now, which concerns me, instead there is a tab top left of the site that opens it on any page.

The added instant messenger is a real bonus in my opinion but all that matters is what you guys think, I don't wish to move away from the current banterbox unless its something the vast majority wants. The current banter box can very happily exist on the new forum/website as it does now - its up to you guys which direction we take on this.

So please kindly could you spend a few minutes of your time in visiting the link below to the demo page and try codologic out for yourselves. It would be great if you could post back with your verdict on whether this would be a welcome change/improvement or a step backward from our current shoutbox set up.

If you don't make a post I will assume that you don't care either way, its a shame that the polls are down so I will go on the number of positive posts against negative in this thread - so please get vocal and bring this to the attention of others.

Thanks

http://codologic.com/demo/

(Please bare in mind that the width of the chat room will ofc be made wider on our site, the demo is featuring it in a vanilla css, but the demo clearly shows the potential of its features.)

VOTE HERE
Signed Runner

RampantBadger wrote:bono is on full turbo fisting mode right now. Have had to sack off work and am lying in bed watching police squad 5 minutes at a time, then having to take a 10 minute break before I gavomit.
Runner
Founder

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
User Details: Show details
National Flag:
Great Britain
» Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:04 pm «Top

PostRe: Banter Box 2.0 by RubberJonny

www.youtube.com Video from : www.youtube.com
Man Will Never Be Free Until The Last King Is Strangled With The Entrails Of The Last Priest
RubberJonny

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
National Flag:
Great Britain
» Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:02 pm «Top

PostRe: Banter Box 2.0 by Trevor Hanley

tl;dr
I'm a poo

Trevor Hanley

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
National Flag:
United Arab Emirates
» Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:05 pm «Top

PostRe: Banter Box 2.0 by butcher

yes
Attachments
didnt read.gif
lol
didnt read.gif (1.57 MiB) Viewed 8295 times
butcher

National Flag:
Ninja Island
» Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:10 pm «Top

PostRe: Banter Box 2.0 by Tirielis

looks good to me
Tirielis

National Flag:
Earth
» Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:14 pm «Top

PostRe: Banter Box 2.0 by Runner

RubberJonny wrote:
www.youtube.com Video from : www.youtube.com

That was my next suggestion, have codologic for its instant messaging and then have the banterbox on the forum page, depends on whether you can disable the chat rooms from codologic (I assuming thats possible, but have yet to confirm) as it would be confusing having chat rooms and the tradition banter box, but I agree that the im and banter box could work along side each other easily.

Keep your reactions/opinions coming in peoples
Signed Runner

RampantBadger wrote:bono is on full turbo fisting mode right now. Have had to sack off work and am lying in bed watching police squad 5 minutes at a time, then having to take a 10 minute break before I gavomit.
Runner
Founder

National Flag:
Great Britain
» Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:17 pm «Top

PostRe: Banter Box 2.0 by Jasperman

As much as it is amusing to have vids, gifs, and nonsensical posts...
Please give more details. This is in development now, and we are asking your opinions not links to random shit or crappy comments. So far I approve of Tiri's post and only the title of the vid (not the vid, because im not going to watch that) that RJ posted

We want to improve TBC interfaces to you and others and we think the combination of Joomla and phpbb is the way ahead for the community. We will of course need your opinion on certain features. We cannot do this without your input. If good input is not given then I expect no complaints from anyone when our new interface is given.

Answer questions like below.

What improvements would you like to the current Banter Box?

Whats Good about our proposed new one?

Whats Bad about our new one?

What is your opinion on the proposed Banter Box 2 and why?

And as much info as you can give us. You may not think we readyour post but you would be very surprised to find out that we do. Generally we take from various parts as well as some practicalities that we hide from you, and a lot from all of your posts.

Please keep the info flowing :)
Signed
Jasperman

TBC Facebook Page
TBC Steam Group
Join DropBox

Raging Goblin wrote:He raged at the world,
at his family,
at his life.
But mostly he just raged
Jasperman
Founder

National Flag:
Ireland
» Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:21 pm «Top

PostRe: Banter Box 2.0 by butcher

sorry jasper yeah 2 thumbs up from me i like it can is be moved to dock somewhere else?
separate rooms so spoilers will never ruin anything and private chat for those sexy moments intergrated smiles also not that i ever use them but as far as i see yeah it looks cool and i would be willing to accept it as the new banterbox

only worry i would have and it would be small will it suit the new site you have visually i mean or will it stand out like a sore thumb
butcher

National Flag:
Ninja Island
» Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:29 pm «Top

PostRe: Banter Box 2.0 by Tirielis

i like the new one

things i would like to see from it ...

for the main chat box to use more screen space ... not sure it needs to be deeper but would like to see it significantly wider
not sure how much the personal messaging would replace our current personal messaging.

i do like how its collapsible and that we can use it not matter what page we are viewing.
Tirielis

National Flag:
Earth
» Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:34 pm «Top

PostRe: Banter Box 2.0 by RubberJonny

Jasperman wrote:... (not the vid, because im not going to watch that)...
Jasperman wrote:What improvements would you like to the current Banter Box?
Multiple chat rooms would be nice if possible. Have them tabed along the top of the Banter Box or some thing.
Jasperman wrote:Whats Good about our proposed new one?
Different rooms.
Jasperman wrote:Whats Bad about our new one?
Looks like a seedy chat room for illicit behavior.
Jasperman wrote:What is your opinion on the proposed Banter Box 2 and why?
The layout is too chunky and doesn't look as clean as our current version.

Peace!
Man Will Never Be Free Until The Last King Is Strangled With The Entrails Of The Last Priest
RubberJonny

National Flag:
Great Britain
» Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:36 pm «Top