Latest information regarding the community

Stats being fixed :)

PostStats being fixed :) by Runner

I've made progress with the BF3 stats and am on track to do the same with l4d2 (hopefully)

original message in spoiler doesn't apply so much now.

Hi guys theres a few projects running in the background to improve the forum and one of them is the stats package. Anyone that has spoken to me about our stats will know that I have been very dissatisfied with the stats package we are running and I think that I have finally found an apt solution.

As a result I'll be closing down our current package very soon so please take any screen shots now if you care for such things. The new BF3 stats will be running as soon as possible but it will be a little bit more time before the l4d2 stats make an appearance - shamefully as they have never worked properly I'm sure this will be of no concern but hopefully we will soon(er rather than later) have a working replacement.
Signed Runner

RampantBadger wrote:bono is on full turbo fisting mode right now. Have had to sack off work and am lying in bed watching police squad 5 minutes at a time, then having to take a 10 minute break before I gavomit.
User avatar
Runner
Founder
 
7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
User Details: Show details
National Flag:
Great Britain
» Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:08 pm «Top

PostRe: Stats are closing by Trevor Hanley

Runner wrote:Hi guys theres a few projects running in the background to improve the forum and one of them is the stats package. Anyone that has spoken to me about our stats will know that I have been very dissatisfied with the stats package we are running and I think that I have finally found an apt solution.

As a result I'll be closing down our current package very soon so please take any screen shots now if you care for such things. The new BF3 stats will be running as soon as possible but it will be a little bit more time before the l4d2 stats make an appearance - shamefully as they have never worked properly I'm sure this will be of no concern but hopefully we will soon(er rather than later) have a working replacement.


If you need a hand on logic for L4D stats let me know.
I'm a poo

Image
User avatar
Trevor Hanley
 
6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
User Details: Show details
National Flag:
United Arab Emirates
» Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:21 pm «Top

PostRe: Stats are closing by Runner

Trevor Hanley wrote:
Runner wrote:Hi guys theres a few projects running in the background to improve the forum and one of them is the stats package. Anyone that has spoken to me about our stats will know that I have been very dissatisfied with the stats package we are running and I think that I have finally found an apt solution.

As a result I'll be closing down our current package very soon so please take any screen shots now if you care for such things. The new BF3 stats will be running as soon as possible but it will be a little bit more time before the l4d2 stats make an appearance - shamefully as they have never worked properly I'm sure this will be of no concern but hopefully we will soon(er rather than later) have a working replacement.


If you need a hand on logic for L4D stats let me know.


Cheers man, thats the frustrating thing, I know exactly what I want to impliment its more the struggle of acutal program/backend. Once I have something that actually fucking registers all of the in game actions I'll indeed consolt your opinon on values.
Signed Runner

RampantBadger wrote:bono is on full turbo fisting mode right now. Have had to sack off work and am lying in bed watching police squad 5 minutes at a time, then having to take a 10 minute break before I gavomit.
User avatar
Runner
Founder
 
7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
User Details: Show details
National Flag:
Great Britain
» Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:36 pm «Top

PostRe: Stats being fixed :) by Runner

Right I think that I have hit a happy medium in the BF3 stats after a number of support tickets - I found out that the scores were being flooded by in game player points being awarded at /30 meaning that for every 5000 points in game you'd earn 170 stat points (far far too many)

I have revised this /100 by talking to the stats provider and getting them to alter our package specifically (thats what she said) so now it should be much harder to continuely farm points based upon time in the server and thus the top 10 should be far more representative.

Due to the limitations its never going to be as accurate a representation of player ability as our css stats where but I think this new system should be pretty close - will take a few weeks to find out, so keep an eye on your position :) !
Signed Runner

RampantBadger wrote:bono is on full turbo fisting mode right now. Have had to sack off work and am lying in bed watching police squad 5 minutes at a time, then having to take a 10 minute break before I gavomit.
User avatar
Runner
Founder
 
7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
User Details: Show details
National Flag:
Great Britain
» Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:15 pm «Top

PostRe: Stats being fixed :) by Runner

The stats page have been closed until a better solution or need can be found
Signed Runner

RampantBadger wrote:bono is on full turbo fisting mode right now. Have had to sack off work and am lying in bed watching police squad 5 minutes at a time, then having to take a 10 minute break before I gavomit.
User avatar
Runner
Founder
 
7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
User Details: Show details
National Flag:
Great Britain
» Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:19 pm «Top