Ramble on about which is your favourite god

Smite Patchnotes

PostRe: Smite Patchnotes by RampantBadger

RubberJonny wrote:Mar 12, 2014: Significant Item Updates plus Golden Mercury
RampantBadger wrote:
Roosell wrote:Woo, Gebs OP shield is better, so you don't just build him as a health machine and give your team infinite initiate.
Zhong Kuis ult now makes him a bit shit? Not being able to use your other moves is pretty rubbish.

I missed the ZK nerf on first read. Yeah, I think it's a pretty huge nerf, but he is probably still viable. Shows how good he was before I suppose. He was one of the highest pick/ban percentage for ranked and competitive play, so probably fair?
I am mainly annoyed because I FINALLY worked out how to play him half decent...

The cleanse on the shield is the main problem imo. That and the fact he out damages most other gods in the game, so good to see cataclysm taken down a bit. Again, he was basically autoban in all ranked games so it's a step in the right direction.
When you create a custom match, you now automatically join the queue for that match instead of having to separately join the queue after creating. - That's some revolutionary shit, right there!

Lol, I missed that as well :lol:

Genuinely the best change in the patch notes.

On a related note, I am looking forward to them randomly moving half the buttons in the UI again soon...
RampantBadger

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
User Details: Show details
National Flag:
Canada
» Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:02 pm «Top

New patch notes

Basically no God or item balancing as the 200K tourney + release is soon.

New god sounds pretty cool. Primarily a hunter, but has a stance switch to melee in a sort of bad ass ranger style. Not read the skills in detail, but the key will be how he transitions from early / mid into late game when he will presumably be 'just' another hunter and 3 shot you.
It would be cool if you could run him as jungler for the early / mid then had another hard ranged carry in the late game for team fights, but I'm not sure he'll be able to clear quickly enough. Stun duration is probably too short for effectively ganking as well?
RampantBadger

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
National Flag:
Canada
» Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:11 am «Top

You also might want to check out the new Sun Wukong skin which HiRez will totally not get sued for :lol:
RampantBadger

National Flag:
Canada
» Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:22 am «Top

PostRe: Smite Patchnotes by RubberJonny

Mar 19, 2014: Ullr, The Glorious One
RampantBadger wrote:New god sounds pretty cool. Primarily a hunter, but has a stance switch to melee in a sort of bad ass ranger style. Not read the skills in detail, but the key will be how he transitions from early / mid into late game when he will presumably be 'just' another hunter and 3 shot you.
It would be cool if you could run him as jungler for the early / mid then had another hard ranged carry in the late game for team fights, but I'm not sure he'll be able to clear quickly enough. Stun duration is probably too short for effectively ganking as well?
Ullr's ranged damage seems a little OP.

The Nightmare skin for Hades has been switched to the default model for Hades. Gold and Legendary skins have also been updated to use this model as their base.

Killing Sprees have been updated to be every other kill, and will not repeat past the top goal. Naming has been adjusted. This change does not affect Multi-Kills.

Killing Spree! (x3)
Rampage! (x5)
Unstoppable! (x7)
Divine! (x9)
Immortal! (x11)
Godlike! (x13)

RampantBadger wrote:You also might want to check out the new Sun Wukong skin which HiRez will totally not get sued for :lol:
600 fucking gems?! ... But i need want it so bad!
Man Will Never Be Free Until The Last King Is Strangled With The Entrails Of The Last Priest
RubberJonny

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
National Flag:
Great Britain
» Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:03 pm «Top

RubberJonny wrote: 600 fucking gems?! ... But i need want it so bad!

You know you were right first time :D

It even makes the right noise, so you don't have to.

Re Ullr ranged damage, yes it does seem very strong. Seeing as they took Artemis back a touch recently I wouldn't be surprised if they did do the same over the next couple of patches to balance for ranked.
RampantBadger

National Flag:
Canada
» Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:52 pm «Top

Patch notes for April 2nd 2014

Nothing super exciting - quick summary:

New Bastet model. Not seen it, but it literally cannot be worse than the old one.
Bastet balancing - a bunch of cast time reductions (good!) and a change to how the 2 is cast. It's now a swipe, I assume that means you can drag it like the Chang'e 1, but I've not tested it.
Tyr is now available in pirate format.
Sprint now costs the same as other actives and the slow immunity / cleanse now applies from level 2, rather than level 3.
Kali got a buff so you now go back to at least 15% after your ult.... because Kali needed a buff.... Kali is already a complete monster (admittedly more for 3's than conquest).
Sun Wukong can now be knocked up when is a bird, although still can't be slowed or rooted.
ZK rebalance - you can now use skills in your ult again, but the ult does not grant CC immunity for like a week anymore so get beads on ZK from now on I guess.
They also confirmed Chronos pendant is still shit and only purchased by downers.

Toodles.
RampantBadger

National Flag:
Canada
» Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:50 pm «Top

Apr 02, 2014: New in SMITE: Updated Bastet and PrivaTyr.
RampantBadger wrote:Nothing super exciting - quick summary:

New Bastet model. Not seen it, but it literally cannot be worse than the old one.
Bastet balancing - a bunch of cast time reductions (good!) and a change to how the 2 is cast. It's now a swipe, I assume that means you can drag it like the Chang'e 1, but I've not tested it.
Sprint now costs the same as other actives and the slow immunity / cleanse now applies from level 2, rather than level 3.
Kali got a buff so you now go back to at least 15% after your ult.... because Kali needed a buff.... Kali is already a complete monster (admittedly more for 3's than conquest).
Sun Wukong can now be knocked up when is a bird, although still can't be slowed or rooted.
ZK rebalance - you can now use skills in your ult again, but the ult does not grant CC immunity for like a week anymore so get beads on ZK from now on I guess.
I was excite for Tyr but i'm not dropping £5.60 on a skin... again.
Bastet looks 'ite.
Kali maybe does need the buff solely because someone will ALWAYS last hit your target when you need the heal.

Peace!
Man Will Never Be Free Until The Last King Is Strangled With The Entrails Of The Last Priest
RubberJonny

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
National Flag:
Great Britain
» Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:11 pm «Top

RubberJonny wrote:Apr 02, 2014: New in SMITE: Updated Bastet and PrivaTyr.
RampantBadger wrote:Nothing super exciting - quick summary:

I was excite for Tyr but i'm not dropping £5.60 on a skin... again.
Bastet looks 'ite.
Kali maybe does need the buff solely because someone will ALWAYS last hit your target when you need the heal.

Peace!

Not sure, you can already comfortably 100 to zero any god you want or clear up a 1 v 3 with Kali once you have 2 items and 2 actives unless the enemy builds heavily against just you so I just don't see the need for it. She's a high risk, high reward mid game god that can only be played effectively with proper communication. The 15% doesn't change that, it just makes it easier to escape if you screw it up, buffing possibly the best 1v1 and 3v3 god in the game.
RampantBadger

National Flag:
Canada
» Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:30 pm «Top

Apr 16, 2014: New God: Kumbhakarna (Hindu Guardian).
New engine.

Players are now able to earn some special Player Icons through achievements in the game.

Qin’s Sais - Passive changed to: On basic attack hits, deal physical damage equal to 5% of the target's maximum health. This only affects gods.

Some God balancing.

Peace!
RubberJonny

National Flag:
Great Britain
» Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:19 pm «Top

Apr 23, 2014: New in SMITE: Night Prowler Bastet Patch.
Gameplay - Becoming CC Immune will now always cleanse any effects that CC Immunity would protect you from (Hel's Cleanse buffed by this).

General - In Custom Matches, a new God Picking Method has been added for “Draft Pick - 6 Bans”. The first four bans (2 each side) are completed prior to the first pick. Bans #5 and #6 occur after each team has chosen its first 3 gods. The May 3rd and beyond Conquest tournament series will be using this God Picking Method.

Some God balancing.

Peace!
RubberJonny

National Flag:
Great Britain
» Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:52 pm «Top