Please submit feedback for the Counter Strike Global Offensive server here.

CS:GO Mixed Game Modes?

PostCS:GO Mixed Game Modes? by Runner

Hi guys, I'm currently mining google for information regarding server set up and one idea I am toying with is to have a map list that contains normal maps and gun game maps.

Now as far as stats go I have no idea whether I'll be able to separate stats for the different game modes, I have a hunch that I could at least have a command to not log the stats from gg maps but no promises - stats is a mission I'll undertake when the server is running correctly.

The simple question I have is that if I can make the set up work to have both gun game and classic rotate map by map depending on player vote do you guys see it as a plus or negative for our server?

Please discuss.
Signed Runner

RampantBadger wrote:bono is on full turbo fisting mode right now. Have had to sack off work and am lying in bed watching police squad 5 minutes at a time, then having to take a 10 minute break before I gavomit.
Runner
Founder

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
User Details: Show details
National Flag:
Great Britain
» Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:16 am «Top

PostRe: Mixed Game Modes? by Chef

Runner, see posts about votes not working

getting an invalid error message
Chef
Dungeon Master

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
National Flag:
Pirate Island
» Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:53 am «Top

PostRe: Mixed Game Modes? by Runner

Chef wrote:Runner, see posts about votes not working

yer I know they are broken I was putting it up in hope they'd been fixed.

I'll remove it but if people could just post their views that'd be great :)
Signed Runner

RampantBadger wrote:bono is on full turbo fisting mode right now. Have had to sack off work and am lying in bed watching police squad 5 minutes at a time, then having to take a 10 minute break before I gavomit.
Runner
Founder

National Flag:
Great Britain
» Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:34 pm «Top

PostRe: Mixed Game Modes? by Chef

mixed please but if possible not alternate, so have 3-5 rounds of normal then GG.
Chef
Dungeon Master

National Flag:
Pirate Island
» Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:36 pm «Top

PostRe: Mixed Game Modes? by RubberJonny

Make it Gun Game and i might come back. The terribleness that is CS:S is countered by the run and gun style of GG and you can alway knife your way to victory =)

That being said in 2 weeks we'll be playing GO.

Peace!
Man Will Never Be Free Until The Last King Is Strangled With The Entrails Of The Last Priest
RubberJonny

National Flag:
Great Britain
» Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:34 pm «Top

PostRe: Mixed Game Modes? by Jasperman

Chef wrote:Runner, see posts about votes not working

ill get to it eventually

i vote mixed 2-2 or 3-3
Signed
Jasperman

TBC Facebook Page
TBC Steam Group
Join DropBox

Raging Goblin wrote:He raged at the world,
at his family,
at his life.
But mostly he just raged
Jasperman
Founder

National Flag:
Ireland
» Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:51 pm «Top

PostRe: Mixed Game Modes? by Trevor Hanley

I'd say 2 maps, then GG, 2 maps, then GG. GG doesn't last long so...

And if people leave server on GG/want more GG we can tweak as and when.
I'm a poo

Trevor Hanley

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
National Flag:
United Arab Emirates
» Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:04 pm «Top

PostRe: Mixed Game Modes? by Deadpunk

Trevor Hanley wrote:I'd say 2 maps, then GG, 2 maps, then GG. GG doesn't last long so...

And if people leave server on GG/want more GG we can tweak as and when.

Seems reasonable, I miss GG.
I'm an alligator, I'm a mama-papa coming for you
I'm the space invader, I'll be a rock 'n' rollin' bitch for you
Deadpunk

National Flag:
Great Britain
» Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:35 pm «Top

PostRe: Mixed Game Modes? by Runner

i miss gun gas a lot, just wanted to check that it was also missed by the majority.

I'm running under the assumption this will work and was intending to leave the map cycle to in an in game vote, that would of course leave the frequency of classic or gg down to the majority view of the players in the server at the time.

Or from what you guys are saying would it be better to run a fixed rotation like in our bf3 server?

(I apologise in advance if things don't work as I expect them to, csgo has a vastly different cvar system to css)
Signed Runner

Runner
Founder

National Flag:
Great Britain
» Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:17 pm «Top

PostRe: Mixed Game Modes? by RubberJonny

Runner wrote:(I apologise in advance if things don't work as I expect them to, csgo has a vastly different cvar system to css)
Is for the CS:GO server set up? Might want to put it in the CS:GO section or at least make it clear in you original post.

If this is for CS:GO then i'm not entriely sold because the Current GG maps are shite.

Peace!
Man Will Never Be Free Until The Last King Is Strangled With The Entrails Of The Last Priest
RubberJonny

National Flag:
Great Britain
» Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:39 pm «Top