Please submit feedback for the Counter Strike Global Offensive server here.

CS:GO Mixed Game Modes?

PostRe: Mixed Game Modes? by Jasperman

Runner wrote:i miss gun gas a lot, just wanted to check that it was also missed by the majority.

I'm running under the assumption this will work and was intending to leave the map cycle to in an in game vote, that would of course leave the frequency of classic or gg down to the majority view of the players in the server at the time.

Or from what you guys are saying would it be better to run a fixed rotation like in our bf3 server?

(I apologise in advance if things don't work as I expect them to, csgo has a vastly different cvar system to css)


id say fixed... keeps variety and ensures that the same maps (dust2) arent always on
Signed
Jasperman


TBC Facebook Page
TBC Steam Group
Join DropBox

Raging Goblin wrote:He raged at the world,
at his family,
at his life.
But mostly he just raged
User avatar
Jasperman
Founder
 
7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
User Details: Show details
National Flag:
Ireland
» Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:28 pm «Top

PostRe: Mixed Game Modes? by Runner

RubberJonny wrote:
Runner wrote:(I apologise in advance if things don't work as I expect them to, csgo has a vastly different cvar system to css)
Is for the CS:GO server set up? Might want to put it in the CS:GO section or at least make it clear in you original post.

If this is for CS:GO then i'm not entriely sold because the Current GG maps are shite.

Peace!


Good point, I started this in the csgo server section but didn't consider the fact that making it global moves to important info parent - changed the name of the topic to save from further confusion.
Signed Runner

RampantBadger wrote:bono is on full turbo fisting mode right now. Have had to sack off work and am lying in bed watching police squad 5 minutes at a time, then having to take a 10 minute break before I gavomit.
User avatar
Runner
Founder
 
7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
User Details: Show details
National Flag:
Great Britain
» Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:08 pm «Top

PostRe: CS:GO Mixed Game Modes? by Donkey

Hello

My name is Donkey, I am new to games....

Is this CS:GO any good then? are you getting a server for it?

Tedd
User avatar
Donkey
 
7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
User Details: Show details
National Flag:
Great Britain
» Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:05 pm «Top

PostRe: CS:GO Mixed Game Modes? by Jasperman

Donkey wrote:Hello

My name is Donkey, I am new to games....

Is this CS:GO any good then? are you getting a server for it?

Tedd


Its all dependant on the persons point of view on it. Personally I liked it when i played the beta way back. In my opinion its an improvement on CSS. We do intend to have a server running for CS:GO
Signed
Jasperman


TBC Facebook Page
TBC Steam Group
Join DropBox

Raging Goblin wrote:He raged at the world,
at his family,
at his life.
But mostly he just raged
User avatar
Jasperman
Founder
 
7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
User Details: Show details
National Flag:
Ireland
» Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:49 am «Top

PostRe: CS:GO Mixed Game Modes? by Runner

Donkey the best way to describe go is that it is to css what l4d2 was to L4d1 - its essentially the same game but cleaned up, balanced and supported by the valve developers :)

I like it.

In other news the server exists and I'm becoming an insomniac for the next 48 hours :p To begin with i promise to have te server running with no awp/auto weapons but everything beyond that will depend on how much I can get to grips with the new administration setup in the next 24 hours (whilst still going to wok)

Watch this space, the IP will be all over the tbc forums and social media around tomorrow lunch time :)
Signed Runner

RampantBadger wrote:bono is on full turbo fisting mode right now. Have had to sack off work and am lying in bed watching police squad 5 minutes at a time, then having to take a 10 minute break before I gavomit.
User avatar
Runner
Founder
 
7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
User Details: Show details
National Flag:
Great Britain
» Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:02 am «Top

PostRe: CS:GO Mixed Game Modes? by RubberJonny

Donkey wrote:Is this CS:GO any good then?
Jasperman wrote:Personally I liked it when i played the beta way back. In my opinion its an improvement on CSS.
The game has gone through so many updates. That is an ill informed opinion =P
Runner wrote:Donkey the best way to describe go is that it is to css what l4d2 was to L4d1 - its essentially the same game but cleaned up, balanced and supported by the valve developers :)
It is nothing like that. L4D2 brought new maps, new mechanics and new infected making it an entirely different game (i'll will never under stand the "it should have been an expansion" bitch fest).
CS:GO is barely an improvement on CS:S and it's a joke they've taken so long to release a sequel that offers so little.

That being said, although paying £12 for a game you already own is a rip off for the individual it will breathe some life back into this community and CS as a whole. It's an excuse to play CS with TBC. Again it's not a bad game but it is only a 20-30% improvement on CS:S, gameplay wise (the buy menu, radio chatter, the fixed player skins and a few other things need to go), which is enough to get me to buy it and play it. That is my opinion.

Runner wrote:Watch this space, the IP will be all over the tbc forums and social media around tomorrow lunch time :)
Yippee! I look forward to the first few rounds where my beta advantage will place me a head of the pack and then the subsequent rounds where all i do is yell BS and rage quit =)

Peace Out!
Jonny!
Man Will Never Be Free Until The Last King Is Strangled With The Entrails Of The Last Priest
User avatar
RubberJonny
 
7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
User Details: Show details
National Flag:
Great Britain
» Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:10 pm «Top

PostRe: CS:GO Mixed Game Modes? by Runner

RubberJonny wrote:
Runner wrote:Donkey the best way to describe go is that it is to css what l4d2 was to L4d1 - its essentially the same game but cleaned up, balanced and supported by the valve developers :)

It is nothing like that. L4D2 brought new maps, new mechanics and new infected making it an entirely different game (i'll will never under stand the "it should have been an expansion" bitch fest).
CS:GO is barely an improvement on CS:S and it's a joke they've taken so long to release a sequel that offers so little.

Your right about the time scale but otherwise I disagree, L4D2 is essentially exactly the same game as L4D1 (as is go to source) its just slightly refined, it was DLC worthy as is the extras found in GO - thats my comparison. The maps planned for DLC release with GO look promising, no idea when they will arrive but good to know that they exist, plus its nice to see people on game banana releasing new maps again :)

RubberJonny wrote:That being said, although paying £12 for a game you already own is a rip off for the individual it will breathe some life back into this community and CS as a whole. It's an excuse to play CS with TBC. Again it's not a bad game but it is only a 20-30% improvement on CS:S, gameplay wise (the buy menu, radio chatter, the fixed player skins and a few other things need to go), which is enough to get me to buy it and play it. That is my opinion.

Couldn't agree with you more :)

Also glad your looking forward to it (now I hope I don't fuck it up :)
Signed Runner

RampantBadger wrote:bono is on full turbo fisting mode right now. Have had to sack off work and am lying in bed watching police squad 5 minutes at a time, then having to take a 10 minute break before I gavomit.
User avatar
Runner
Founder
 
7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
User Details: Show details
National Flag:
Great Britain
» Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:40 pm «Top