Information and Discussions on the upcoming EA/Dice release...

Battlefield 4

PostBattlefield 4 by st3fan

So,

Who is playing then? I have put about 17 hours into it, not far off half of what i put into bf3. But this time round i bought the premium pack. So i won't have to pay for all the expansion packs. Which is what i think put me off last time, and why i stopped playing. I do realise i paid more upfront, but id rather it out of the way!

I have been playing predominately recon on hardcore, a bit cheaty but i am enjoying myself. Have a bunch of xp boosters to use! I think i will stick to engineer on normal mode as you don't get the same ress points as assault. I have to unlock carbines first. The PDW's suck a bit, pp2000 is ok. I am probably going to use the UMP when i unlock it.
st3fan

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
User Details: Show details
National Flag:
Great Britain
» Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:54 pm «Top

PostRe: Battlefield 4 by RampantBadger

What do you (or anyone else playing it for that matter) make of it in comparison to BF3?

A bunch of us are putting off buying it, because we're not sure if it's really worth the $$$ as an upgrade from BF3 or not. Just wondered what your thoughts were :D
RampantBadger

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
National Flag:
Canada
» Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:53 pm «Top

PostRe: Battlefield 4 by st3fan

I don't think i played enough of bf3 to give a true reflection! Levolution is truly amazing! Another thing is, i ran bf3 at 1920 1080 on high and got about 40-45 fps. I am running bf4 on med and getting about the same, and i bought a ssd recently.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NaUnif8Aon0

map interaction seems to be higher, there were a lot of crashes first week but its better now after some server updates. Still get the odd crash, nothing dissimilar to bf3.

i seem to be enjoying it more, but i am playing team DM HC rather than large conquest or rush normal!
st3fan

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
National Flag:
Great Britain
» Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:02 pm «Top

Also remember its a 2 year investment.... which is why i didn't mind spending the money! and which is why i don't play the arcade shooter version ;) (cod)
st3fan

National Flag:
Great Britain
» Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:04 pm «Top

PostRe: Battlefield 4 by RampantBadger

Interesting - thanks for letting me know what you made of it. I've not really looked into at all so far - leveloution (despite not being a word) seems like fun!

If a few more pick it up I will likely get it.
RampantBadger

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
National Flag:
Canada
» Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:25 pm «Top

yea i know.... levolution..... its from reddit. i don't know what they call it officially. beta for bf4 was open for bf3 premium players....
st3fan

National Flag:
Great Britain
» Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:00 pm «Top

PostRe: Battlefield 4 by Roosell

They do actually call it Levolution internally, but it's still a made up word. The beta was pretty fun, but I'm not really prepared to spank a crapton of money on it when I know it'll be on sale at some point in the year.
RIP Cuervo
Roosell

National Flag:
Canada
» Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:37 pm «Top

40 hours played... loving it. Seems like more fun than bf3.. operation locker is metro 2.0 though.
st3fan

National Flag:
Great Britain
» Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:01 pm «Top

PostRe: Battlefield 4 by Calboa

Does anyone still play bf4? It's £25 on amazon so I'm considering buying it to give it a shot (none of that premium bullshit though, EA can fuck off with that).
How buggy is it currently? It's only that that's really put me off getting it before now.
Calboa

National Flag:
Great Britain
» Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:10 am «Top

PostRe: Battlefield 4 by Runner

as roosell said in the banter box CJ keys have it pretty cheap as well, £20 for the standard and £28 for the premium, think I might get a copy soon at those prices, could do with an fps fix but yer as Cal asked is there anyone out there that plays the game that can vouch for its stability???

http://www.cjs-cdkeys.com/products/Batt ... rigin.html
http://www.cjs-cdkeys.com/products/Batt ... rigin.html
Signed Runner

RampantBadger wrote:bono is on full turbo fisting mode right now. Have had to sack off work and am lying in bed watching police squad 5 minutes at a time, then having to take a 10 minute break before I gavomit.
Runner
Founder

National Flag:
Great Britain
» Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:18 pm «Top