A place to advertise your shit (we accept no responsibility)

Steam Free-to-Play

PostRe: Steam Free-to-Play by AngryCrocodile

Awh dammit. maybe I wont carry on then... hmm. Global agenda next. Played the beta, thought it was a bit meh. I'll see how its changed.
AngryCrocodile

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
User Details: Show details
National Flag:
Great Britain
» Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:54 am «Top

PostRe: Steam Free-to-Play by RubberJonny

TF2 now free to play... Fuck off, Valve, just give us the only two games we've want Counter Strike and Half Life...

I like the fact that their stalling techniques actually work too... Any other company would have been told where to shove it by now.

Peace!
Man Will Never Be Free Until The Last King Is Strangled With The Entrails Of The Last Priest
RubberJonny

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
National Flag:
Great Britain
» Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:31 am «Top

PostRe: Steam Free-to-Play by Renegade

RubberJonny wrote:TF2 now free to play... Fuck off, Valve, just give us the only two games we've want Counter Strike and Half Life...

I like the fact that their stalling techniques actually work too... Any other company would have been told where to shove it by now.

Peace!

It was a good move from valve to make it free to play not sure why theres all the hate.

CS players hate change trying to make CS2 is by far hardest project valve will ever undertake as your looking at a design nightmare. How to improve on somthing and add new stuff without annoying the fanbase.
Renegade

National Flag:
Great Britain
» Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:41 am «Top

PostRe: Steam Free-to-Play by Runner

a game that previously cost money now availble for free is never a bad thing - i applaud their efforts they've made their money and are now offering it to the community... more developers should have the balls to do the same :)

I agree with you reneagade its probally why they are stalling so much

like if they make it the same people will cry nothings changed wat a rip off... but if they change it then they'll get hated for ruining the classic that is cs:s

but as usual i think valve will come out smelly of roses :)
Signed Runner

RampantBadger wrote:bono is on full turbo fisting mode right now. Have had to sack off work and am lying in bed watching police squad 5 minutes at a time, then having to take a 10 minute break before I gavomit.
Runner
Founder

National Flag:
Great Britain
» Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:32 pm «Top

PostRe: Steam Free-to-Play by wickedwillie

How does this work guys?

I mean, im downloading TF2 as we speak... when its downloaded, i have the complete game? for ever?
Or only for short time and no multiplayers for example?
wickedwillie

National Flag:
Belgium
» Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:32 am «Top

@Willie - it's the full game and it's yours forever (in theory)

[offtopic]@Vavle Fans - The act alone is fantastic, but it is not a lone act. It is just another distraction to make us overlook their neglect of the game(s) that once defined the company and although a CS sequal could be disputed what is the excuse for Episode 3?

As far as your argument regarding a Counter Strike sequal i would like to point out that Counter Strike: Source is already a sequal in itself and they lost nothing for it. Also if the CoD series can release a game every other week and still maintain their fan base why shouldn't Valve, especially seeing how willing their current fans are to overlook their many faults? On top of all this what do they have to lose (if the sequal is good) even if the current CS fans dislike the game Valve have the TF2, Portal and L4D players to draw in aswell as new players.
That being said i'd rather Valve not bother making a sequal if they continue to use the Source Engine as it just wouldn't stand up to any modern shooter anyway.

They are burying their heads in the sand and it's unacceptable (or at least it should be). I'm not overly fussed on the matter to be honest, i was just in a bad mood and i do hold some contempt for Valve's actions as a gamer but i'm not exactly a fan of their work (at least not anymore) but i thought i'd explain "all the hate".[/offtopic]

Peace Out!
Jonny!
Man Will Never Be Free Until The Last King Is Strangled With The Entrails Of The Last Priest
RubberJonny

National Flag:
Great Britain
» Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:43 am «Top

PostRe: Steam Free-to-Play by wickedwillie

ahhh cheers for the info Jonny!!

Whatever there is said bout Valve or Steam... this is a great gift (isnt it?)
wickedwillie

National Flag:
Belgium
» Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:45 am «Top

PostRe: Steam Free-to-Play by StuntKid

Ah I thought it was TF2 free weekend but i was mistaken. Bloody Valve...
StuntKid

National Flag:
Pokemon Island
» Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:30 pm «Top

PostRe: Steam Free-to-Play by Wilkie

Do you really think Valve give that much of a shit about people winging and crying about halflife they would deploy a distraction. Thats fucking rofl worthy. Making it free to play doesnt have any downsides what so ever and its just another good business move by them. The game has been out for so long and been in so many sales there is hardly anyone that doesnt have the game that owns steam. They will make more money out of the in game item store and probably have been doing for a while compared to sales of the actual game.
In regards to halflife and CS, we all know Valve have never been known for their prompt releases but when they do release something its always very good and worth the wait. No point in being angry about what you cant control
Last edited by Wilkie on Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sometimes I feel so sick with the state of the world I can't even finish my second apple pie
Wilkie

National Flag:
Australia
» Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:09 pm «Top

wickedwillie wrote:this is a great gift (isnt it?)

Most certainly! Free shit is free shit :P I personally dislike the game but it is something to play on those slow days :)

Peace!
RubberJonny

National Flag:
Great Britain
» Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:16 pm «Top