A place to advertise your shit (we accept no responsibility)

The Hardware give away returns...

PostThe Hardware give away returns... by Solarity

AS before I have some hardware that I no longer have the need for. Today the offer is :

*OVERCLOCKED* AMD Phenom II X4 Quad Core 955 Black Edition 3.20GHz @ 3.80GHz / Asus Crosshair III Formula Motherboard / Corsair XMS3 8GB (4x2GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C9 1600MHz Bundle originally bought on 7th April 2010 for 475.15

It all worked when I took it out last night. First person I deem deserving enough gets it, they only pay the shipping - what ever that will be.... Oh and its air cooled, the fans pretty big, I had to cut a hole in the side of my case to let it fit ;)

Later in the month there will also be a MSI GeForce GTX 580 Lightning 1536MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card originally bought on 12th September 2011 for £411.38
Solarity

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
User Details: Show details
National Flag:
Czech Republic
» Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:21 pm «Top

PostRe: The Hardware give away returns... by StuntKid

Upgrading again??

May have to replace your previous generous offering of the 5870 which is in my current rig. And then I can donate that to my old computer which i gave away. :P
StuntKid

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
National Flag:
Pokemon Island
» Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:33 am «Top

PostRe: The Hardware give away returns... by RubberJonny

You are most gracious to donate these parts to the community and i'm certainly interested as i could really use these parts at the moment.

I understand we unfortunately do not know each other all that well so i may have to win some favour here and share that i have also donated some spare parts to this community over the years:
MB: MSI K9N6PGM2-V
CPU: AMD Athlon X2 5200 2.7GHz Dual Core
GPU: Two XFX ATI 5770 XXX Editions and an Nvidia 8600GTS 1GB DDR2
PSU: Win Power 450W
Thank you for considering my request.
StuntKid wrote:May have to replace your previous generous offering of the 5870 which is in my current rig.
I would happily have that 5870 if you want the GTX 580.

Thank you for your time
- Jonny
Man Will Never Be Free Until The Last King Is Strangled With The Entrails Of The Last Priest
RubberJonny

National Flag:
Great Britain
» Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:09 am «Top

PostRe: The Hardware give away returns... by Solarity

Thanks for the replies guys, I will let this run for another day, by Monday evening I think...
Solarity

National Flag:
Czech Republic
» Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:07 am «Top

PostRe: The Hardware give away returns... by Jasperman

I'd put in my hand but my lack of gaming recently and prob into the future would see such a donation go to waste.

But you are very generous as always and hope it goes to a good home :-)
Signed
Jasperman

TBC Facebook Page
TBC Steam Group
Join DropBox

Raging Goblin wrote:He raged at the world,
at his family,
at his life.
But mostly he just raged
Jasperman
Founder

National Flag:
Ireland
» Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:54 am «Top

PostRe: The Hardware give away returns... by Runner

Sol that is yet again fantastic :)

Currently my rig is playing well so i'll bow out, Nickers on the other hand has (or had last time I sore) a rather slow pc, hope she sees your thread
Signed Runner

RampantBadger wrote:bono is on full turbo fisting mode right now. Have had to sack off work and am lying in bed watching police squad 5 minutes at a time, then having to take a 10 minute break before I gavomit.
Runner
Founder

National Flag:
Great Britain
» Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:30 pm «Top

PostRe: The Hardware give away returns... by RubberJonny

Runner wrote:Sol that is yet again fantastic :)

Currently my rig is playing well so i'll bow out, Nickers on the other hand has (or had last time I sore) a rather slow pc, hope she sees your thread
An excellent thought! Indeed i had considered this myself after i made my post as it would also be ideal for me.

You see, Sol, i live quite close to the Chefs and most of the above parts i posted have gone their way; so i could reclaim my old parts and set them up with these new parts.

Chef could really use the GTX 580 because playing BF has been very difficult for him (Sorry, SKid, 5870 > GTX 460) and i could use his GTX 460.

Thank you for your time
- Jonny
Man Will Never Be Free Until The Last King Is Strangled With The Entrails Of The Last Priest
RubberJonny

National Flag:
Great Britain
» Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:42 pm «Top

PostRe: The Hardware give away returns... by Nickers

Hi Sol,

Firstly this is a really generous offer and who ever is lucky enough to be chosen should buy you a pint (or two) at the next meet up!

As Jonny says both Chef and I could use the parts, my PC is slower than a slow thing at the moment and craps out playing L4D, it's been kept going by kind donations from Jonny and Tiri in the past (thank you guys!).

I'm thinking that between Jonny, Chef and I we could make really good use of them all!

Thank you for your consideration!

N
xx
I have been a nerd since long before I could have heard
That bookish girls should look and act a certain way
And I'll still be a geek when I am utterly antique

Nickers

National Flag:
Ninja Island
» Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:01 pm «Top

PostRe: The Hardware give away returns... by Solarity

Thanks for all the replies guys, good to see all the interest. I do like to help the community out and i did have Andy and Nickers in mind...

Just to throw something else in the mix i will have a copy spare copy of BF4 in the mix too, probably not until around release time though...
Solarity

National Flag:
Czech Republic
» Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:20 pm «Top

PostRe: The Hardware give away returns... by StuntKid

Hehe, was just kidding with my comment. I'm very happy with current setup (Thanks Sol! - have yet to meet you and buy you a few drinks). I think we all had Nickers and Chef in mind when comparing computers. They totally deserve it after all those meet ups where we make lots of noise and mess and crash in their house!
StuntKid

National Flag:
Pokemon Island
» Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:39 pm «Top